How we make opening measurement
After preparing the opening for the installation of interior doors, we measure the width of the wall, the depth and height of the opening. First, you need to make sure that there are no irregularities in the adjacent planes of the walls, as well as evaluate the convenience of the door location.
A few important steps in pre-sizing:
- 1. It is important to select in advance the dimensions of the installed canvas, platbands, cornices and boxes. After determining the depth of the opening, it will become clear whether there is a need for extras and what size.
- 2. It is worth deciding in advance on the choice of the opening mechanism. They can be different, and choosing the right one can save extra space in the room. This factor is especially important in small rooms or apartments with inconvenient layouts.
- 3. You should finally decide how and in which direction you will open the door. Sometimes this is not so easy to do, as the furniture will need to be rearranged. In this case, the experience of our specialists will help: they will tell you where it is better to open the door or offer a special opening system.
- 4. It is necessary to prepare the openings for the installation of doors. Such preparation usually includes leveling wall irregularities, expanding or narrowing openings, moving doorways as you wish. For a quality door installation, ideally flat walls will be required to avoid gaps between the trim and the wall.
- 5. It is possible that the openings will need to be prepared for the installation of a non-standard door opener. Different opening systems have different requirements for the opening parameters.
How the measurement is made
Our specialists leave any day from 9.00 to 18.00 seven days a week. To do this, we send a measurement and installation specialist to your address. In standard cases, this procedure will take no more than 5 minutes for the door, but if the old door has not yet been dismantled, then it may take more time. In any case, measurements take no longer than half an hour.
During the measurements, the customer must be present so that all the details and emerging questions about the installation of interior doors can be discussed. A specialist examines the doorway and can give several recommendations on how to finalize the planes and prepare the walls for installation. The measurement results are documented and transmitted to you and your manager. All these details will be included in the main contract and will become one of the appendices when ordering interior doors.
How much does it cost to measure the opening
Calling a specialist should be discussed with the manager individually, since the price may depend on the location of the installation.
How to order the correct measurement?
To discuss a specific date and time of measurements with a personal manager, just call the numbers of our partners or fill out a form for a call back.